Why protect Australian medical research
Some of the most important reasons that Australian medical research should be supported are:
- Australian patients are usually the first to benefit from Australian discoveries.
- Medical research improves long-term health outcomes of all Australians
- Medical research boosts the Australian economy
- Medical research is a long-term investment that requires ongoing support
- Medical research provides hope to suffers
- Investing in medical research is an investment in the future health of Australians.
Australian research has already brought about many life-saving advances in medical care. Learn about some of Australia's most significant research successes.
Today, Australian medical researchers are working towards improving the lives of people in Australia and around the world. Meet some Australian medical researchers, and read the stories of patients who have already benefited from medical research, or hope to benefit one day.